2019 US Energy Jobs and Employment Report Briefing Webinar
A presentation on regional and national energy & advanced manufacturing jobs & workforce data from the 2019 USEER Report
Thursday, May 30th, 2019 1-2 PM ET
The National Energy Technology Laboratory’s Regional Workforce Initiative (NETL RWFI) invites you to attend the 2019 US Energy Jobs and Employment Report (USEER) Briefing webinar, where you will learn about the current state of the energy and advanced manufacturing workforce for the tri-state (Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia) and the broader Appalachian region as well as emerging national trends.
This is the first briefing of its kind on USEER for the region on the regional and national results of the 2019 USEER a joint project of the National Association of State Energy Officials and the Energy Futures Initiative. The U.S. Energy & Employment Report is an annual report administered to over 30,000 employers across 53 different energy technologies which provides a unique window on the people who meet the nation’s energy needs, and identifies important trends and skill sets for the 21st Century energy workforce. The information presented will be useful for stakeholders engaged in the planning and implementation of energy and manufacturing jobs and workforce strategies and economic development forecasting.
Topics to be Covered
- The current number of energy jobs and where they are in the workforce both regionally and nationally
- Future job and workforce growth trends in energy and advanced manufacturing, including employer hiring expectations for the next 12 months
- Hiring difficulty by energy technology and industrial classification
- High demand jobs and workforce skills gaps
- The US National Energy Technology Laboratory, Regional Workforce Initiative
Introductions and Background on the NETL RWFI
- The US Energy and Employment Report; A National Prospective– National Association of State Energy Officials; Energy Futures Initiative
Presenter: David Foster; Distinguished Associate, Energy Futures Initiative
- The US Energy and Employment Report- A Regional Prospective– BW Research
What is the workforce demand and hiring difficulty for the region?
A discussion of regional trends in current and emerging energy and manufacturing technologies.
Presenter: Phillip Jordan, VP and Principle Researcher, BW Research
- The US Energy and Employment Report, A State Perspective- State of Pennsylvania
A perspective on energy jobs data and what it means for states like Pennsylvania
Presenter: Denise Brinley Executive Director at Pennsylvania Governor's Office of Energy