Gasification Systems - Gasifier Optimization and Plant Supporting Systems
Low Rank Coal Optimization
NETL Office of Research and Development
Project Number: FWP-2012.03.03 Task 4
Presentations, Papers, and Publications
- "Ludlow, J.C., Panday, R., and Shadle, L.J., "Standpipe Models for Diagnostics and Control of a Circulating Fluidized Bed," Powder Technology, Volume 242, July 2013, Pages 51-64
- "Gel, R. Garg, C. Tong, and M. Shahnam, C. Guenther, "Applying Uncertainty Quantification to Multiphase Flow Computational Fluid Dynamic," Powder Technology, Volume 242, July 2013, Pages 27–39
- "Weber, J.M., and Mei, J.S."Bubbling Fluidized Bed Characterization Using Electrical Capacitance Volume Tomography (ECVT)," published on-line in Powder Technology, Volume 242, July 2013, Pages 40–50
- Musser, J., Syamlal, M., Shahnam, M., Carney, J., and Huckaby, D., "Closure Model for Multiphase Enthalpy Transfer Associated with Mass Transfer," presented at the 3rd North American Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering (NASCRE-3), March 17-20, 2013, Houston, Texas.
- Tucker J., Shadle, L., Guenther, C., Benyahia, S., and Mei, J., "Characterization of the Physical Properties for Solid Granular Materials," Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol (UDRC), February, 28, 2013, Charleston, W
- R. W. Breault, T. Li, and P. Nicoletti, "Mass transfer effects in a gasification riser," Powder Technology, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 17 January 2013.
- "Ludlow, J.C., Panday, R., and Shadle, L.J., ""Phase Shift Method to Estimate Solids Circulation Rate in Circulating Fluidized Beds,"" Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, January 7, 2013, pp 1958–1969
- "Deepak Rangarajan, Jennifer S. Curtis, Sofiane Benyahia and Alexander G. Mychkovsky, ""Continuum model validation of gas jet plume injection into a gas–solid bubbling fluidized bed,"" AIChE Journal, January 31, 2013 (on-line)
- Gasification Modeling Activities at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (Oct 2012)
Presented by Chris Guenther, Gasification Technologies Conference, October 28-21, 2012, Washington DC.
- Recent Developments in Carbonaceous Chemistry for Computational Modeling (C3M) with Uncertainty Quantifications (UQ) (Oct 2012)
Presented by Kiran Chaudhari, AICHE 2012, October 31, 2012, Pittsburgh, PA.
Back to Project Description