Innovations for Existing Plants
Solid Waste (Coal Utilization By-Products)
|The Coal Utilization By-Products (CUB) program is sponsoring research to support the environmentally safe, technically sound handling of CUB material. The program sponsors numerous projects from bench to demonstration scale. The research area includes: 1) Evaluation of potential environmental impacts of CUB disposal or utilization, for example, the photo shows a flowable fill application, 2) Optimization of accepted and novel utilization methods, and 3) Collection and dissemination of data to assist in regulatory decisions related to CUB.
- Fate of Mercury in Synthetic Gypsum Used for Wallboard Production- Final Technical Report, June 2008 [PDF-364KB]
- DOE's Perspective and Research on Mercury in Coal Utilization By-Products (CUBs) Presented at the American Coal Ash Association Annual Meeting, Jacksonville, FL, January 30, 2007.
- World of Coal Ash (WOCA) 2007 Conference,
May 7-10, 2007
- Coal Utilization Byproducts - Clean Coal Technology Topical Report Number 24 [PDF-1.6MB]
Capture and Fate Using Wet FGD at Coal-Fired Power Plants [PDF-550KB]
Use Of Coal Utilization By-Products And Technology Trends [PDF-121KB]
- Recycling and Beneficial Use of Coal Utilization Byproducts, Presented
at the AWMA 2006 Waste Management Meeting, Arlington, VA, January 18,
- The Fate of Mercury in Coal Utilization By-Products - DOE/NETL’s
Research Program, Presented at the China Workshop on Mercury Control
from Coal Combustion, October 31 - November 2, 2005, Beijing, China.