IEP – Post-Combustion CO2 Emissions Control
Novel High Capacity Oligomers for Low Cost CO2 Capture
Project No.: DE-NT0005310
GE Global Research is using both computational and laboratory methods to identify and produce novel oligomeric solvents for the post-combustion capture of carbon dioxide (CO2). An oligomer is a polymer with relatively few structural units. Molecular and system modeling, advanced synthetic methods, and laboratory testing will be used to identify oligomeric solvents that have the potential for high CO2 capture capacity with corresponding low regeneration energy requirements.
GE Global Test Equipment
Related Papers and Publications:
- Aminosilicone Solvents for Low Cost CO2 Capture [PDF-2.0MB] (Sept 2010)
Presentation given at the 2010 NETL CO2 Capture Technology Meeting
- Aminosilicone Solvents for CO2 Capture, Perry, R.J., et al, ChemSusChem, Special Issue: Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Volume 3, Issue 8, pages 919–930, August 23, 2010.
- CO2 Capture Technology Status Sheet [PDF-150KB] (Aug 2010)
- Novel High-capacity Oligomers for Low-cost CO2 Capture Fact Sheet [PDF-516KB] (May 2009)
- Novel High-capacity Oligomers for Low-cost CO2 Capture [PDF-1.1MB] (Mar 2009)
Presented by GE Global Research at the Annual NETL CO2 Capture Technology for Existing Plants R&D Meeting.
- For further information on this project, contact the NETL Project Manager, David Lang.