IEP – Oxy-Combustion CO2 Emissions Control
Alstomís Chemical Looping Combustion Prototype for CO2 Capture from Existing Pulverized Coal Fired Power Plants
Project No.: DE-NT0005286
Alstom chemical looping cold flow model.
Alstom Power will advance the development of chemical looping technology for carbon dioxide (CO2) capture and separation. The technology uses a limestone-based oxygen carrier, rather than a metal oxide, to create a concentrated CO2 flue gas. Researchers will design, construct, and operate a prototype facility that includes all of the equipment required to operate the chemical looping plant in a fully integrated manner. This project is a continuation of previous Alstom project No. NT41866 that was completed in September 2008.
Related Papers and Publications:
- Chemical Looping Combustion Prototype for CO2 Capture from Existing PC-Fired Power Plants [PDF-2.04MB] (July 2012)
Presented by Iqbal Abdulally, ALSTOM Power, Inc. at the 2012 NETL CO2 Capture Technology Meeting.
- Alstom's Chemical Looping Combustion Prototype for CO2 Capture from Existing Pulverized Coal-Fired Power Plants [PDF-2.30MB]
Presented by Iqbal Abdulally, Alstom Power, Inc. at the 2011 NETL CO2 Capture Technology Meeting
- Alstom’s Calcium Oxide Chemical Looping Combustion Prototype Development [PDF-1.9MB] (Sept 2010)
Presentation given at the 2010 NETL CO2 Capture Technology Meeting
- CO2 Capture Technology Status Sheet [PDF-265KB] (Aug 2010)
- Presented by Alstom Power, Inc., at the Ninth Annual Conference on Carbon Capture & Sequestration [PDF-224KB] (May 2010)
- Alstom’s Calcium Oxide Chemical Looping Combustion Coal Power Technology Development [PDF-856KB] (June 2009)
Technical paper from the Proceedings of the 34th International Technical Conference on Coal Utilization & Fuel Systems held in Clearwater, Florida.
- Chemical Looping Combustion Prototype for CO2 Capture from Existing Pulverized Coal-Fired Power Plants Fact Sheet [PDF-535] (May 2009)
- Chemical Looping Combustion Coal Power Technology Development Prototype [PDF-938KB] (Mar 2009)
Presented by Alstom Power, Inc., at the Annual NETL CO2 Capture Technology for Existing Plants R&D Meeting.
- Presentation at Project Kickoff Meeting [PDF-671KB] (Nov 2008)
- Hybrid Combustion-Gasification Chemical Looping Coal Power Technology Development – Phase III Final Report, U.S. DOE, [PDF-11.7MB] (Sept 2008)
- For further information on this project, contact the NETL Project Manager, Bruce Lani.