CCS and Power Systems
Advanced Energy Systems - Hydrogen Turbines
Preparation and Testing of Corrosion- and Spatiation- Resistant Coatings
Performer: University of North Dakota
Project No: FE0007325
- All materials, equipment, and clamps assembled for preparation of bonded parts.
- Analysis of the diffusion rates of zinc through the three alloys has been completed at 700 and 1214oC.
- At 700oC, the diffusivity in APMT is slightly higher (~4 vs. ~2 μm2/min) than in CM247LC.
- The diffusion rate in the Rene 80 at 700oC was below UND detection limits.
- The diffusion rate in APMT is approximately 20 times higher than in CM247LC or Rene 80 (~120 vs. ~8 μm2/min) at 1214oC.
- The ANSYS finite element model of the clamping system has been completed, including the measured expansion data for the alloys. It is shown in Figure 1.
- A sample calculated stress distribution in APMT at 1214oC using the present clamping system is shown in Figure 2.
- Sampling of vapor and particulate matter present in filtered syngas created in pilot-scale gasification systems continues.
- The particles collected after the system warm-gas filter are typically 0.2 to 0.5 μm in diameter, as shown in Figure 3.
- After the syngas is combusted, the particles appear slightly larger and much more spherical, as shown in Figure 4.